Thursday, July 21, 2011

Passion (Fallen #3), Lauren Kate

Title: Passion
Author: Lauren Kate (author website)
Release Date: DATE
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Paranormal

My Rating:1 star2 star3 star4 star

I LOVED Fallen, and was bitterly, bitterly dissapointed by Torment. Now Passion has come along, and now I'm in love all over again.

From Goodreads:

Luce would die for Daniel.

And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way...

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel... and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames... forever.

Sweeping across centuries, PASSION is the third novel in the unforgettably epic FALLEN series.


Back when Fallen was released, it was marketed pretty aggressively here in Australia, with a book trailer running before screenings Twilight: New Moon in cinemas. There were posters, and it was sort of huge. It was the marketing that drew my attention to it, and I was sold on that beautiful cover. It was gorgeous: atmospheric, dark, and creepy. It summed up the book for me.

Torment was a mess. Luce was a mess. I wanted to slap her, and I wanted ot hurt Daniel. And now this. Passion.

Passion picks up immediately where Torment ended. Luce has stepped into an Announcer, and now she's stepping further and further backwards through time, trying to discover her shared history with Daniel, and the source of the curse that both binds and separates them. Luce is joined on her odyssey by a very funny little character, named Bill (highlight for spoiler: who, from first sight, I was positive was utterly, diabolically, evil, as well, and pursued relentlessly by Daniel, trying to catch her before she's lost forever.

As we follow Luce throughout history, we meet past Luces: a parisian princess, a proper english lady, a russian girl who is fleeing bombings destroying her village, and as an aztec sacrifice. Each time, we see Daniel as they meet, and fall in love. It's exhilirating, breathtaking, beautiful, and desperately, desperatly sad, as we watch the star crossed lovers torn apart again and again.

And as Luce travels, she questions how genuine her feelings for Daniel are. It's painful, and I feel sorry for Daniel, but it's important if I'm to have a modicum of respect for her. Every life, every time, Luce falls for him instantly. Love at first sight, every time. So is it love, or the curse? I mean, of course it's love, but she has to learn it for herself. After the moaning and whining in Torment, we finally see Luce decide this for herself.

Passion is breathtaking, action packed, an a return to the mystery and magic that made me fall in love with the series in the first place. Now how do I survive the wait for Rapture?

Books in This Series:

  1. Fallen
  2. Torment
  3. Passion
  4. Rapture (July 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)