Sunday, October 23, 2011

Friday Night Bites, Chloe Neill (Chicagoland Vampires #2) ****

1 star2 star1 star2 star
Friday Night Bites is the very fun second installment in the Chicagoland Vampire series.

Merit's life is changing. She's accepted she's a vampire, whether she wanted to be or not, and is trying to adapt to her new life, and be the best vampire she can be. A condescending, and smoking hot, boss isn't making her life any easier, though. Nor are the whispers of trouble and vampire 'raves' (read: blood orgies) running through Chicago. Vampires are 'in', sure. But for how long? When Merit and Ethan are pulled into a plot involving death threats against the son of an influential chicagoan, there's more at stake than giving vampires a bad name...

We get a larger dose of Merit's dad in this book, and the guy's just... inhuman. I thought Merit and Ethan were meant to be the vampires? He's despicable, and there is absolutely nothing redeeming about him. Not so fun to read, but fun to watch Ethan react to.

What I didn't love about bk.2 is the tension between Merit and BFF Mallory. Mallory was my favourite part of the first book, and I love books with strong female friendships. I don't want to see this one crumble, and it was left on an ambiguous note in FNB. I hope it's resolved (happily), soon.

Books in This Series:

  1. Some Girls Bite ****
  2. Friday Night Bites
  3. Twice Bitten
  4. Hard Bitten
  5. Drink Deep (Nov. 2011)

Want It?

1 comment:

  1. I was intrigued by the good reviews of the first book, with some people stating that it was stronger and better crafted than they expected - I read it and agreed. I'm not a teenage reader but I enjoy urban fantasy for fun reading. Some Girls Suck had plenty of good plot and subplot action and developed the situation without a lot of "tell the reader rather than show the reader" writing that you can sometimes encounter in early books by young authors.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)