Tuesday, November 8, 2011

COVERLICIOUS: Rapture (Fallen #4), Lauren Kate

Rapture, Lauren Kate Cover

From Amazon UK:
The sky is dark with wings...

In RAPTURE, the highly anticipated fourth and final novel in the FALLEN series, Luce and Daniel are together... but for how long? Can history be rewritten? Or are some punishments eternal?

The Fallen series, by Lauren Kate, seem to be pretty divisive.
Many people love the books, and the feeling of those in the opposite camp seems to flow just as strongly. Me? I understand both parties. I LOVED Fallen, and was bitterly, bitterly dissapointed by Torment. Then Passion came along, and I fell in love all over again.

In any case, Lauren Kate has just released the cover for the fourth, and final, book in the Fallen series: Rapture. I loved the cover of Fallen. The book was actually marketed pretty aggressively here in Australia, with a book trailer running before screenings Twilight: New Moon in cinemas. There were posters, and it was sort of huge. It was the marketing that drew my attention to it, and I was sold on that beautiful cover. It was gorgeous: atmospheric, dark, and creepy. Torment was a bit 'meh' for me, and I couldn't begin to understand what anyone was thinking with the cover of Passion. The girl was deformed, scarily skinny, and had the face of a thirty year old.

This. cover. is. stunning. I gasped when I saw it. And she's wearing a white dress! I'm thrilled, and I'm itching to get my hands on this book.

Fallen In Love, Lauren Kate Cover Kate's also announced the release of a new book: Fallen In Love.

From Amazon:
What makes your heart race a little faster?
Just in time for Valentine's Day, it's FALLEN IN LOVE, four wholly original new stories collected in a new novel set in the Middle Ages by Lauren Kate. FALLEN IN LOVE gives fans the much-talked about but never-revealed stories of FALLEN characters as they intertwine with the epic love story of Luce and Daniel. The stories include: Love Where You Least Expect It: The Valentine of Shelby and Miles, Love Lessons: The Valentine of Roland; Burning Love: The Valentine of Arriane; and Endless Love: The Valentine of Daniel and Lucinda.

Aaaaand, it's yet another sinfully gorgeous cover. Also, goodies: Lauren Kate has released a chapter sampler on her website. Go on, go take a look.

Clearly, I'm enraptured (sorry, couldn't resist the temptation).
What do YOU think of the covers?

Books in This Series:

  1. Fallen
  2. Torment
  3. Passion
  4. Rapture (June 12, 2012)
Author's Website: www.laurenkatebooks.com

11 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful layout. This cover is PERFECTION. 'Nuff said.

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, shucks, thanks :)
    I'm actually a web designer in real life, so I was kind of worried about it :S

    So in love with this cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ever so slightly completely in love with this one, Little_Dhampir.

    BTW: I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cover is my favorite of the series! Even though I know I'm not supposed to judge books by their covers, I totally do and tend to buy books with pretty covers. I picked up Fallen based on the cover and I liked it, but haven't read Torment or Passion yet (even though I have them on my shelves).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, it's pretty close to mine, too (but I still love Fallen).

    The cover has me so excited for the new release! June? Ugh!

    I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on Torment. The name sums it up. It's the closest I've ever come to throwing a book against the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover is amazing!
    And i totally agree with you in your opinion about passion.
    The cover is horrible! No offence.
    But she could've done way better.
    I love the cover for fallen and torment, and i desperately want her dress.
    Can't wait until rapture comes out! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Ugh! I know it's not the general opinion but I SERIOUSLY don't love that Passion cover. SOOOO excited for Rapture! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. REBECCA NEW NAME IYLAHDecember 19, 2011 at 1:54 PM

    Dear Lauren kate I love the covers and can't wait till I read them both.Ihope lucinda and Daniel are togeter for eternity and nothing can tare them from each others arms.I can understand how Lucinda feels when on one belives herI feel like that sometimes alone and lost.I Would love to be a model for a novel cover. from Iylah /bec reid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there...i also just all the covers for the Fallen series...actually for third book my country displayed a different cover, and even though i also love the original, this one totally blew my mind!!!
    if you're interested or just curious take a look:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Dt63lOJHQ-w/UC0RkFn_1-I/AAAAAAAAKjA/csQCSwkwZgA/s1600/paixaolk.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you for sharing! I really disliked the cover for Passion, which was really dissapointing as the others? GORGEOUS.

      This is STUNNING. Oh, I so wish we'd had this as the Australian cover. The girl in the AU cover just looks skeletal and creepy.

      Delete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Blog Archive

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)