Friday, November 25, 2011

Follow My Blog Friday (4) & TGIF (3)

Oh. My. Goodness. Can you believe it's one month to Christmas? *freaks out*

Follow Friday

'Follow My Blog' Friday is a meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The idea is to meet other book bloggers, and get to know one another. What a fun idea, and opportunity!
Featured blogs: The Book Addict & Books and Beyond.

Q:  It’s Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. so we want to know what you are Thankful for – blogging related of course! Who has helped you out along the way? What books are you thankful for reading?

I'm thankful for Tara from 25 Hour Books. She probably doesn't know it, but she inspired me to start blogging. Back in the day, I followed her 101 challenge, and when she started her blog, followed her over there. It's because of her I read the Night Huntress books. And Oh my gosh, you guys: words can't explain. I'm also ridiculously thankful for Brodie from Eleusinian Mysteries for leaving a comment on my blog this week that me grin like a crazy person, giggle/snort with glee, and who now probably thinks I'm a total nutjob. But hey, thanks for appreciating my weird little M&M problem XD

I'm MASSIVELY thankful for Goodreads. I've discovered so many books I'd never have even heard of otherwise, and it's what made me start writing reviews.

And most of all, I'm thankful for the Book Blogging community, and my amazing followers. YOU! I've only been doing this (seriously) for two months, and everyone has been so helpful, and made me feel so, so welcome. Whether it's comments on FF, or any day of the week, Parajunkee's amazing BB101's, or the myriad of other posts, reviews, chats, and everything else. You. guys. are. AMAZING.

Big, BIG love, and a happy Thanksgiving to all you lovely Americans!

TGIF


When You're Not Reading: What occupies your time when your nose isn't stuck in a book?

You know, this looks like a long list, but it's not.

1. Coffee Caffiene:
I love coffee. Caffiene. Whatever. I drink it like I breathe. It's bad, I know, but hey, we all have our vices, right? So when I'm not reading, I'm drinking caffiene. My Mum is my regular coffee date, and my other BFF.

That be Husband Man skiing in Canada
in February this year. Have any of ya'll
been to Whistler? Oh, la! It's stunning.
2. Skiing:
I LURVE to ski. On snow. With my husband. I'm extremely blessed to have had a Dad who took me skiing every year from the time I was six, until I hit sixteen. Serendipity struck when I met my husband: he loves skiing as much as I do, if not more so. He's been skiing as long as I have, and he's better than me, which drives me NUTS.

Did I mention I'm slightly competitive?

3. TV & Movies:
I wish I could be one of these folks who could say they didn't waste hours parked on the sofa, but I'd be lying. I spend hours watching TV and movies with my husband, Mum and BFF. True Blood, Torchwood, Community, Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Firefly, Big Bang Theory, Star Trek, Stargate. Uh, so basically, if it's nerdy? I love it. Movies? I'll watch anything. But my faves off the top of my head: The Princess Bride, Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, Shaun of the Dead, The Matrix, The Labyrinth, Zombieland, Hot Tub Time Machine, Kill Bill--make that ANYTHING Tarantino--A skiing doco called Steep, a gazillion others... I've also developed an unhealthy obsession with BBC period dramas. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent watching Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth as Mr Darcy. Seriously, that's 5.5 hours each time...

4. Doctor Who:
The Doctor gets his own category, separate from the above. My life revolves around Doctor Who. I've flaked on any number of things to stay home and watch Doctor Who. I don't even lie about it: 'Sorry, I can't come on the family holiday that day--I'll miss Doctor Who.' My Mum and I already have Boxing Day planned around the Christmas Special that is being fast-tracked to Australia! Cue the EPIC SQUEE!


5. Reading
No, seriously you guys: I have a real problem. On the bus, when I'm walking, when I'm going to buy coffee at work, on my lunch break. I've walked into street-signs and poles in the past because I had my head stuck in a book. I spend whole weekends where I do nothing but read. The laundry doesn't get done, nor do the dishes... Husbandman does shiftwork, so I spend a lot of time on my own. Books keep me company :)

40 comments:

  1. Tara is the reason that I am book blogging, too! And why I got started on the paranormal genre. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! The community as a whole is so amazing.

    Also, on your TGIF - the reading one...that's me. Even when I'm on the computer doing blog stuff, I am reading at the same time. Drives whoever I'm talking to on Skype crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I owe Tara massive kudos, whether she knows it or not. She's awesome, and she totally expanded my reading horizons.

    Hehe! 2 Amandas!
    @Amanda 2: It drives my husband NUTS XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, we should totally start a Tara fan club! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Coffee is a massive part of my life, too. I have something like a 5-cup-a-day habit. And I wish that skiing was more a part of my life, too. It's so much fun!

    Following your blog through Feedburner. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Amanda: OMG, YES! Or at the very least a Facebook Fan page... and possible a Goodreads group XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with your answer on the FF! I'm thankful for bloggers like you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Tiger: I love coffee lovers! I have about 2 a day.. I scared myself the day I realised I'd drunk 8 cups of espresso coffee... I cut back XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree...the more time I spend on Goodreads the longer my TBR pile gets. :)

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post. So much to be thankful for!
    Happy #FF
    MaryAnn@Chapter by Chapter
    @chapterxchapter

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a great thankful list! Here is mine: The Bawdy Book Blog

    Happy FF and Thanksgiving!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy FF! Seriously, I can't remember what life was like without Goodreads now. =) You can find me at epiBloguer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving! I also mentioned GR! I would've never come across certain books that were indie or weren't as popular if it weren't for GR. The groups that I "hang out" with on there are FAB also. Makes me shudder thinking about all the books I would've missed out on. Eep.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodreads is pretty amazing :)

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't think to be thankful for Goodreads but I am, I don't know if I should be thankful for my tbr pile though lol, here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/feature-and-follow-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a new follower :)

    OMG, I don't know what I'd do without Goodreads!

    The nerdier the better, I always say ;)

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hopping by to say have a great weekend!

    New Follower :)

    If you have a moment, please come and vote on your favorite YA Novel's Character:
    Here

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goodreads is a big one! I have discovered so many books through it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! a fellow Aussie :) Happy Friday!!

    I agree with all of your answers..

    Have a wonderful weekend & thank-you for stopping by my blog earlier.

    Sharon @ Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am also hugely thankful for Goodreads! Glad to find your blog - I always enjoy supporting fellow Aussie bloggers :)

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love goodreads as well. That site is absolutely fantastic. :D New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're right, goodreads is an invaluable source of endless goodies!
    Anyway, I'm a new follower today too, here's my blog http://kristyberridge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Goodreads is definitely something to be thankful for! In fact, without them, I wouldn't even be blogging at all, since I had no clue how big the book community was in any way. And I'm in love with it, so I'm extremely happy!

    And there's sooo many in the book community to thank! YOU too! Your sweet comments always make my day. :) Thank for having joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I'm thankful for you too! and for the Book blogging community! And for Goodreads, and for many other things... the list goes on... =)

    Happy Thanksgiving to you! God bless and more power!
    Keep living. Keep loving. Keep laughing.
    Keep Reading & Keep Blogging!

    XO, April
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi. Just stopping by for the Friday Follow. I was already a follower here. My blog is http://steepedinbooks.blogspot.com
    I followed you on Twitter, too.
    http://Twitter.com/HomeStreetHomeY
    I liked your Facebook Page, too.
    http://facebook.com/homestreethomebooks

    Great Answers!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have a great blog. I'm a new follower. My blog is: http://readinginthemountains.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hahaha I totally called 'nutjob!' 5 minutes after I discovered your blog, but it's a GOOD kind of nutjob. The type you want to hang around because they're so crazy awesome (emphasis on the crazy) Hehe. But seriously, totally happy you found me, so I could find you! (this sounds like a love story in the making).

    COFFEE!! Okay, I'm not so much of an 'addict' as others, but I live for my nightly coffee. I don't go a single day without a healthy shot straight to my veins.

    Also: Why do I not see The Vampire Diaries on your tv show love-list? Boy, we have issues already. And have you ever watched Nikita? I LOVE THAT SHOW. Also recently got hooked on Once Upon A Time which I freaking adore at the moment!

    And alsooo: I love this post. You are awesome. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think we're twins!!! Lol - I'm with you on Goodreads and just started book blogging too! Although I abhor the cold, so no skiing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great answer as I also love Parajunkee's BB 101 posts. Parajunkee writes some amazing posts and gives wonderful advice.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooh Goodreads! I'm so thankful to Goodreads to I'd be lost without it!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  31. I agree with you entirely. I LOVE 25 Hours and Goodreads and Parajunkee's BB 101 posts too! New follower:)

    Here are my FF posts...

    http://thebookjunkiesbookshelf.wordpress.com/2011/11/25/friday-follow-1/

    http://moretalesfromthecrypt.wordpress.com/2011/11/25/friday-follow-2/

    ReplyDelete
  32. A great answer, just hopping by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am SO thankful for goodreads! Without it I wouldn't be able to find all of the awesome books that I read :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I am very thankful for you being such a great reader/commenter!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I totally agree goodreads is amzing to discover some new books.

    old follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  35. New follower. Without comments that makes us smile like a crazy person, what would life really be like? :)

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love reading and I do it constantly, as much as I can manage. I've gotten into a few scrapes over the years too, though nothing too serious thankfully.

    I also LOVE caffeine. I try to keep it to a minimum, but it's hard, especially when the weather gets colder, like now.

    And I'm jealous of your skiing skills! I cannot ski to save my life :p

    ReplyDelete
  37. New follower! I love your blog! I too am thankful to Goodreads (forgot to put that on my blog) for they are the ones that also got me started to book blogging and reviews and I wouldn't have known about soo many books

    ReplyDelete
  38. New GFC follower. Goodreads is definitely something to be thankful for because it's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am now your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for visiting my blog! And I share your sentiment-Goodreads is an absolute Godsent. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Blog Archive

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)