Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wish Upon A Star, Sarah Morgan

Author: Sarah Morgan
Release Date: October 7th 2011
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
My Rating: 1 star2 star3 star

Wish Upon A Star, a Christmas themed release from Sarah Morgan, is actually divided into two novellas: one following Christy and the other Miranda. They're, rather aptly, called 'Christy' and, yep, you guessed it, 'Miranda'. And they're fun.

Christy:

Christy has made a Big Mistake. Namely, leaving the husband she's still wildly in love with, and taking their two children with her London. Which she hates. He was supposed to follow her and beg her to come back. Turns out it didn't work quite how she'd planned. Now she's back for Christmas, but will the sexy, hot blooded, Alessandro have her back?

I don't know about you, but if I read a book with a goofy grin on my face the while time, it counts for something. I didn't even notice I was doing so until I realized my face hurt.

Christy and Alessandro are total romance archetypes: she's a fiery, independent red head (thanks spellcheck, but 'furry' is something altogether different); the sexy Spaniard is a passionate, brooding, 'red-blooded male with a high sex drive'. And they're delicious. And infuriating.

They have amazing chemistry. The tension and electricity between the two is what makes their story so darn readable. They're infuriating because they can't talk. Even when they try to talk, they don't say the right thing, but, after twelve years of marriage, assume to know the other's mind. Expect lots of circular arguments and jumping to [incorrect] conclusions. And a couple of deliciously steamy encounters. Morgan balances the fighting perfectly with loving and humor, and the result is an utterly entertaining, and very sweet story.

Christy and Alessandro's knowing and precocious eleven-year old daughter sneaking around in the background, scheming to get her parents back together is beyond adorable, and one of the highlights of the story.

Miranda:

Desperate and alone on Christmas day, Miranda finds herself lost in the mountains in a total whiteout. Rescued by sexy doctor, Jake Blackwell, now her heart might need rescuing too. Erm, did I mention she's 6 months pregnant?

This one started out a little odd for me, but ended with squees of glee at its overwhelming sweetness, and me with tears in my eyes on public transport (embarassment).

Miranda's vowed to give up on romance. She doesn't believe in happy endings, or even in happy families. But Jake's not the kind of man to take no for an answer. Watching Miranda gradually come round, and Jake win her over is so sweet and satisfying.

The hospital back drop that both stories sit against gives them some action. I really enjoyed this aspect of them. They have a Grey's Anatomy vibe to them, without the infuriatingly drawn out drama.

These two Christmas-themed stories are sweet, at times heart-wrenching, and really rather satisfying. Expect to be charmed.

Want It?

Wish Upon A Star at Mills & Boon UK

This book was provided to me as ARC, free of charge, from the publisher. No money/favours/miracles/back-door deals or illicit activities changed hands/occured/etc. This doesn't effect how I rate a book: I believe you're here for an honest review, and I'll give it, or, as I've mentioned before, say nothing at all. If I say I liked a book? I really did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Blog Archive

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)