Monday, December 26, 2011

In My Mailbox (5): The VERY Merry Christmas Edition


In My Mailbox: What is it?
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.It's an opportunity to share the books we've bought or received in the last week!


Uh, yes. I have a serious thing for owls.
That is an owl POCKET WATCH... well, technically,
it's a necklace. But that is equally as awesome.
EEEEEEEEEEE!
OK, so: YOU GUYS! I'm so SO excited! This is the first time I've posted an 'In My Mailbox' without feeling guilty. Because Santa was VERY kind this year... well, him and my Mum, BFF, and the amazing Gabby at Harlequin TEEN Australia (who I love even more for releasing Touch Of Power early, so BFF didn't have to wait for her Christmas present).

Also, AAAAAAAHHH! Neil! Gaiman! Is! My! Hero! Two Neil Gaiman Books? I'm in Sarah heaven. I ADORED American Gods, and Anansi Boys is a sort-of sequel. SO. EXCITED. And I've been dying to read Neverwhere.

What I'm saying is:  I LOVE Christmas.

From left to right, top to bottom:

  1. Blood Bound, Rachel Vincent *
  2. In The Arms Of Stone Angels, Jordan Dane *
  3. New Girl, Paige Harbison *
  4. Saving June, Hannah Harrington *
  5. Anansi Boys, Neil Gaiman
  6. Neverwhere, Neil Gaiman
  7. The Iron Knight, Julie Kagawa
  8. Hereafter, Tara Hudson
  9. Daughter Of Smoke And Bone, Laini Taylor
  10. Inheritence, Christopher Paolini
* I want to say a huge, ENORMOROUS T H A N K Y O U to Gabby from HarlequinTEEN Australia, who very kindly sent me Blood Bound, In The Arms Of Stone Angels, New Girl AND Saving June to review. After reading (and LOVING) Jordan Dane's On A Dark Wing I'm so so SO crazy excited to read In The Arms Of Stone Angels.

What'd you bag this week? Share!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. Sarah. You know you have Daughter of Smoke and Bone, right? It. Will. Blow. You. Away. It's one of my absolute favourite novels of 2011.... or EVER! *SIGH*

    And I LOVELOVELOVE The Iron Knight (best in the series!) and Saving June <3 So excited to see what you think of all these! And clearly I need to read American Gods since you gush about it. And when Sarah is gushy about a book, all must devour it.

    Glad you had a fantastic Christmas! And aw I adore Gabby, she is so sweet! <3

    HAPPY READING *sneaks DOSAB to the top of your pile before running off*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iron Knight! Iron Knight! Iron Knight! Oooh! Ashy-poo! LOL. Love your haul! I haven't read any of Neil Gaiman's books but I've heard that he's a remarkable writer. I have to see for myself though.

    Happy reading!

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Santa (and those mentioned) definitely came with some awesome books. o: I'm so excited for you!! I absolutely loved Neverwhere and couldn't even put it down when I'd picked it up randomly in a bookstore. I've loved Gaiman ever since! And I totally need to read The Iron Fey soon. It seems so awesome. Then I too got Blood Bound! *high5* Love Vincent's work. :DD And I can't wait to read New Girl and Daughter of Smoke and Bones. So awesome. I hope you'll enjoy them all! And Merry Christmas! Even if it's bit late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul!

    You like owls? You should follow @SmashAttackAsh! She LOOOOOOOVES owls too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Brodie: Eeeeeeee! So excited! And the more I think about it, the more excited I am about Frostbite. You know it's ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT I'm so torn between the two, right? I think at one point you told me if I didn't read and LOVE VA, no book blogger would ever talk to me ever again, and you raved about DoSaB until I went crazy considering NOT getting it for Christmas. My Mum bought it for me. Best Mum ever, or what?

    @Janus: Hehe! I need to read the other Iron Fey books, but OH. MY. GOODNESS! So excited! Brodie posted reviews for each of the books in the last month or so, and I'm so crazy excited to read them now :D

    @Rebecca! SQUEE! Oh! My! Goodness! I'm so SO stoked you like Neil Gaiman! I mean, I HERO WORSHIP him, and have extra love for anyone who loves him just for that fact... but you're already one of my most favourite bloggers! I might just start hero worshipping you!

    @Amanda: Hehe! Seriously! LOVE owls! My Mum bought m the owl stuff, and this gorgeous set of Owl And The Pussycat bookends... in pink! It's a very owly Christmas. They compliment my stuffed Hedwig beautifully :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blood Bound is AWESOME!:) One of my favorites from the year, and so much better than Rachel Vincent's YA series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY those are awesome books!!! Enjoy them all!


    Nerd Girls at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOORAY! I got New Girl too! Absolutely loved Saving June, The Iron Knight and Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I hope you enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OooooOOOooo. You got quite a treasure trove of books. I LOVE Owls, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey!!

    So jealous you have a contact in Harlequin Teen! No one replied to me :/

    Great IMM! Though your TBR pile is bigger than mine now and that's saying something.

    Molly
    Reading is my cup of tea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)