Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (9): Fated, Sarah Alderson


What is it? 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Fated
by Sarah Alderson (author website)
Pub Date: Feb. 2012 by Simon & Schuster Australia

From Goodreads:
What happens when you discover you aren't who you thought you were? And that the person you love is the person who will betray you? If your fate is already determined, can you fight it?

When Evie Tremain discovers that she’s the last in a long line of Demon slayers and that she’s being hunted by an elite band of assassins –Shapeshifters, Vampires and Mixen demons amongst them – she knows she can’t run. They’ll find her wherever she goes. Instead she must learn to stand and fight.

But when the half-human, half-Shadow Warrior Lucas Gray - is sent to spy on Evie and then ordered to kill her before she can fulfil a dangerous prophecy, their fates become inextricably linked. The war that has raged for one thousand years between humans and demons is about to reach a devastating and inevitable conclusion. Either one or both of them will die before this war ends.

If your life becomes bound to another’s, what will it take to sever it?

Yes yes, like always, I REALLY like the cover. So atmospheric and intense! Look at her gaze! She's GAZING! But anyhow! Vampires! Demons! Shapeshifters! And SLAYERS? Oh HELL YES. Something about this one sounds so exciting and action-packed, I'm CRAZY excited!

What about you, lovlies? What are you waiting on?

Win one of my favourite 2011 books!
Only a few more days to enter my Christmas Giveaway and win 1 of my fave '11 books, or $15 Gift voucher! Open INTERNATIONALLY!

12 comments:

  1. FATEDDDDDD<3333 I'm like...DESPERATE for this!!!! Sarah Alderson has got to be one of the most amazing, and talented authors out there! I loved Hunting Lila, and I'm sure Fated won't disappoint. The first chapter of this literally had me hooked!! Cant wait for this :D
    Great pick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I'm a huge fan of Sarah Alderson so I can't wait to read Fated :)

    I love the eyes too! I could be watching this cover for ever lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, I see why you're waiting! I totally wanna wait for this one now too. o: And the cover is definitely not hard on the eyes either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one before but I will have to check it out :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one before but it's definitely going on my TBR list!

    Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Slayers! I can see a bit of Buffy coming on. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my second time seeing this book. It sounds very interesting. Nice cover!! I like it! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got a copy of Fated today... SQUEE!!! I AM SO EXCITED TO READ THIS!! I have another book I need to read ahead of it, but I'm bouncing with giddiness to dive into this baby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeeeeee! Everyone! I've actually not even read ANYTHING by Sarah Alderson, but: 1. AWESOME NAME, OBVIOUSLY, and 2. How GOOD does this sounds

    @Brodie: Jealous >:P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didin't know about this one but it sounds interesting, I agree with you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fated sounds awesome. Like you, I haven't read anything by Sarah Alderson. I definitely need to read Hunting Lila. I think it's also by her? But anyway, great pick!! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dear! I really want to read this one as well as Hunting Lila! sniff! I will hopefully get to that one soon this next year XDDD
    muah! great pick!

    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)