Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blogspiration (3): Reading Saved My Life


Blogspiration is a Brand Spankin' New weekly meme hosted by both GrowingUp YA and Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers and writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation and just a little SOMETHING.

"There are many reasons why people enjoy reading. For me, reading is more than enjoyment and recreation. It is more than study and academics. For me reading is as essential as breathing. There is no doubt in my mind that without the company of good books, I would be in prison today, or perhaps much worse... Books saved my life. There is no way I would be alive today without them."

Full story at Divine Caroline

I stumbled across this one and had to share. Books have such an impact on our lives. A simple idea can change us, and the freedom to escape our situations and forget just for a moment is invaluable. They give us tools, give us the power to change. They inspire us. They change us. I LOVE this. Linky below the jump!

Le Rules:

  • Blogspiration posts will go live on Sunday. While you don't have to post on Sunday, you have one week to drop by and share your links.
  • Go check out the participating blogs! Feel free to comment/follow
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN with it!!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a button and spread some BLOGSPIRATION!!

PLEASE NOTE: Saz101 and I will use the SAME Linky, so please enter your Blogspiration links on one blog.

Buttonses!

Linky!

10 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I totally agree with that excerpt!!! Books did saved my life! Reading IS as essential as breathing!!! Awesome pick, Sarah! ♥ I hope you've had a wonderful weekend! :)

    Celine @ Forget-me-not

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such an incredible quote. I LOVE IT, SARAH. I love the effect a story can have on a person, how a character or journey can spark such hope or change in a persons life <33333

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That's really powerful and inspirational :) I LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I loved that story. I totally agree. Reading has saved my life. Reading helps me in every part of my life. When I'm sad, happy, scared, the list goes on. Thanks for sharing, Sarah. I am going to put up my Blogspiration post tonight. I am putting a YouTube video on a post for the first time. Yaay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree. Books have very much improved my life! Though some have probably given me unrealistic expectations.. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quote is so spot on. As a young thing, reading was a break from a rocky existence and helped keep me grounded. There are worlds inside of books that are so incredibly fun to explore, and are so mind-enriching that I cannot fathom life without their influence.

    Thanks so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! Oh my gosh, Sarah, I don't know where you find these things but that quote was just so inspirational! <3 Okay, so maybe reading hasn't saved my life in that many words, but I honestly don't know if I'd be the same person if I hadn't read the books that I read! They definitely changed me too, you know? :) Sometimes it feels like I'm living the mistakes that the characters made so it prevents me from doing the same things!

    Thank you so much for sharing that quote, Sarah!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading definitely does change lives...and I'm sure it's saved many as well. Thanks for letting us know about the new Blogspiration post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quote!! And I totally love this meme!! I will join in! Thanks so much for sharing :) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)