Friday, January 13, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday (9)

'Follow My Blog' Friday is a meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The idea is to meet other book bloggers, and get to know one another. What a fun idea, and opportunity! 

Featured blogs: Badass Book Reviews & Musings of a Booklover

Q: Many readers/bloggers are also big music fans. Tell us about a few of your favorite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012.

There are way way way too many answers to this question. But, well, I'll go with the boring. I listen to Radiohead constantly (my go-to music when I can't decide what to listen to), I swoon every time I hear Johnny Cash's voice, and I'm slightly in love with Elliott Smith and Jeff Buckley. I'm a big Muse fan. I love to listen to them LOUD.

I love anything kind of... folksy. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, Sufjan Stevens, Fleet Foxes, Jose Gonzalez, Sigur Ros and Angus and Julia Stone.

I've recently discovered a love of more electronic-sounding alt music. Um, so the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Kasabian, The XX, MGMT, Temper Trap.

But then I really like heavier music... Umm, System Of a Down, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Mars Volta. And I was raised on classic rock. When I was 10, I listened to nothing but The Beatles for a year. David Bowie, Cream, The Ramones, The Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, Led Zeppellin, The Eagles, The Doors I adore. I get epic nostalgia.

Anyways! Here's the end to my rambling answer. Honestly, here's the honest truth: I love music. ALL music. Well, almost all music. I even like opera. I LOVE classical (Chopin! Saint Saen! <333). The only music I really, truly can't abide is disco. I can't stand the Bee Gees.

But, well... 2012 particularly? The Shins are releasing a new album I'm ridiculously excited for... but I'm well out of the loop at the moment, and that's as far as my brain will stretch :D

So here, I'll leave you with one of my favourite songs:


What about you guys? Who's your FAVOURITE band? Honestly, if I had to give one answer, it'd be Radiohead. I practically worship them. Et tu??

26 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you're a Muse fan too? I knew there was a reason I liked you!:P I've seen them live twice now, once in Oslo and once in Denver, and they're sooo good!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen them twice, too! Once at Big Day Out in Sydney (which was AMAZING), and once in Sydney, with the most dissapointing crowd I've ever been part of :(
      THEY were amazing though, and the light show? OMFG.

      Delete
  2. Yes, "Home" never fails to make me happy! It's so good, the whistling and joy! I'm also a fan of pretty much all the bands listed before heavier music, haha. I went through a serious Beatles phase last year, my uni offers a Beatles course that I really want to take! Ramones were also my summer soundtrack. Super excited for the new Shins albums, it's been so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elena! Yes! Exactly! Home just makes me smile like a loon, without fail. I love it :D

      Eee, clearly great minds love music alike :D

      Delete
  3. MUSE is amazing!! I love them :) MGMT is also really great!! I haven't heard of the Shins but since you like them I will be checking them out :)

    I also haven't heard of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes but I am really liking the song you posted above!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah! It's one of my fave songs, it makes me smile like a loon every time I hear it, and YES! MUSE ARE EPIC!

      Delete
  4. Wow, you have excellent taste in music! I just discovered Muse like a month ago (I'm always the last to know). Happy Friday! My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Muse make me feel old! I've been a fan since the late nineties :)
      And better late than never, right?!

      Delete
  5. Hopping through. I am picky about Radiohead. I like some and not others. Home is one of my fav songs.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, I'm a total fan girl. Faves ATM are In Rainbows and Hail to the Thief. I'm really loving King of Limbs and Amnesiac, too. I *like* their old stuff, like, circa Pablo Honey, but not the crazy-epic love I have for their newer tunes.
      Indescriminite, I think :D

      Delete
  6. I am huge Eagles and Doors fan. And of course, how could I not love The Beatles? :) Old follower passing through:

    http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-me-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. MGMT and Temper Trap <3 Loveeee! Ohh, it's so hard to pick just a "few" favourite bands isn't it? I chose 10, then added one more hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG. I pretty much love everyone you just mentioned. LOVE Muse, Radiohead, Mars Volta, Tool. I didn't mention it in my post but I love opera, Ava Maria, baby. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices!! I am in love with Muse too and I love Suftjan Steven's songs!

    Old follower stopping by:)

    Natasha @ Dreamland Teenage Fantasy: My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a huge Muse fan too, especially the older stuff. :)

    Old follower, hopping through.
    Here's our #FF post

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi. Happy FF! New follower here. Nice choice of music.

    Daniel @ Bound By Words

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I didn't know this song but you're right it's an amazing one, thanks for sharing!

    old follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice picks! I'd definitely listen to those I am not familiar with. Happy Friday! :)

    New follower,
    Sarah @ Smitten over Books
    Come check out my FF post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Friday, new follower :)

    MGMT is great. I love music as well. Can't say there is much I won't listen to. And classic rock is... classic, it's awesome and I love it!

    Sam @ Caught in the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES! AND MORE YES!!

    I listen to Home ALL THE TIME! It's my favorite walking to work song :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just blogging by, happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Friday...new follower

    http://www.lovetoreadromance.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes! I love Temper Trap and Zeppelin and The Stones and everything else. I turn on classical at work and pop in my earbuds when I'm trying to get serious work done, or rap as well (weird right?). But I have a serious love of music. I love music like I love my books: emotion-invoking. But sometimes a good beat to shake my ass to is enough :D

    I realized I left out my FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME: Dave Matthews Band. Serious heart love for them. For serious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. funny story: in aquatic science, we were taking a test and one of the questions was 'what is the ring of fire' & one of the answer choices was 'a song by johnny cash' believe it or not some people picked that answer when it's definitely not. Just by the fact that we were in SCIENCE should have been an indicator that the answer is 'a chain of volcanoes" haha

    I LOOOOOOOVE the Temper Traps Sweet Disposition. Honestly every time I hear the temper trap name or the song's name I bust out singing it. I know every word! though I only listen to that song by them//: do you have any recs?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)