Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blogspiration (5): Anne

“For someone like me, it is a very strange habit to write in a diary. Not only that I have never written before, but it strikes me that later neither I, nor anyone else, will care for the outpouring of a thirteen year old schoolgirl.”
...If only she knew...
From Wellington Young Feminists' Collective

This is so bittersweet. Such a strange mixture of hope and sadness. There is so much power in the written word, and there is so much power in one 'small' human being... The moral? Remember that you are never insignificant.

What's Blogspiration? Find out below the jump!


Blogspiration is a Brand Spankin' New weekly meme hosted by both GrowingUp YA and Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers and writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation and just a little SOMETHING.

Le Rules:

  • Blogspiration posts will go live on Sunday. While you don't have to post on Sunday, you have one week to drop by and share your links.
  • Go check out the participating blogs! Feel free to comment/follow
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN with it!!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a button and spread some BLOGSPIRATION!!

PLEASE NOTE: Kristin and I will use the SAME Linky, so please enter your Blogspiration links on one blog.

Buttonses!

Linky!

24 comments:

  1. Amazing amazing post. I read the Diary of Anne Frank a few years ago and was so moved.

    Great post Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know how much I love this. Simply Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you know how much I love YOU, right? ♥♥♥

      Delete
  3. I love this so, so much.I'm ashamed to admit I have not read the Diary of Anne Frank, but after reading this quote especially, I so very NEED to! So powerful and bittersweet <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, no! Don't be ashamed. Confession? I haven't read it, either... but I think we all know the story :)/:(

      Delete
  4. Love the idea! And the quote! Heck yeah I'll join in with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this bit of inspiration. It's so true that tiny things you might think are insignificant could be something huge for someone else. Thanks for the reminder Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lan! This one kind of floored me when I first saw it and read it. I had to share it, after how much it moved me :)

      Delete
  6. OMG, what a statement. If she only knew. Love it! Mine will be up later today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It shook me when I first saw it, and broke my heart, and filled it up, all at once :)

      Delete
  7. I love your Blogspiration post! It's just brilliant. You're exactly right, we're not insignificant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! I loved this book! I cried so hard while reading it! We read it at school and the discussion I remember was really good! Awesome, awesome blogspiration Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of feel silly posting this, and admitting that I haven't read the book... but, I mean, everyone knows who she is, right? So sad :(

      Delete
  9. I LOVE that photo of Anne. It's so sad and beautiful, even though it's nice to see her happy here.

    Wendy
    The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy! YES! Exactly. It's such a lovely, lovely photo. The photo broke my heart a little, too :)

      Delete
  10. Sorry, people. I couldn't do a direct link to my Blogspiration, it said I can only have 100 characters and apperantly I went over. So the link is just to my blog in general. My post will be up front for about 28 hours though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I had the same issue. But my link was no where near 100 characters, lol.

      Delete
    2. Ooooh, weird. Thanks for letting me know guys. We'll look into it ♥ xx

      Delete
  11. Oh gosh... it's so sad, but beautiful at the same time. I know I've listened to the story when my teacher read it to us when I was younger, but I barley remember it more than in general. I really want to give it a go myself sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwww. It is indeed bittersweet. I've watched the video about her family in school couple of years ago, and it's soooo sad. Awesome post; thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! It's so beautiful! I'm a few days late but finally postedmy blogspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)