Friday, March 9, 2012

Andrea Cremer Aussie Blog Tour: Interview!


Excited? Uh, me? Understatement. The A M A Z I N G, quite frankly gorgeous, and ridiculously talented Andrea Cremer, author of the Nightshade Trilogy, is touring the Australian blogosphere this month, and, as I mentioned I AM CRAZY EXCITED to have her here to answer a few questions for you!

Read on to see Andrea tell us something you've never heard about Calla, how she feels on completing the Trilogy, and cement my love of her by admitting her Joss Whedon and Neil Gaiman fandom!

   
Go check them out on Goodreads!
More places to stalk Andrea: Blog  |  Facebook  | Goodreads  |  Website

An ENORMOUS thank you to the lovely Laura from Hachette Australia and Andrea for their time, making this happen, and their all-round wonderful (it's a LOT of wonderful)! ♥

Question Time!

Can you tell us about the Nightshade trilogy in your words? I’m thinking, Nightshade: For Dummies!
Nightshade is the story of Calla – a seventeen-year-old girl who is also a wolf. Calla and her pack are fighting on the front lines of a centuries-old war between two powerful factions of witches. Set in present-day Colorado, Nightshade is filled with mystery and romance as Calla searches for the truth in a world full of lies where her fate hangs in the balance.
With the final page closed on the Calla’s story, how do you feel? Has the story all played out how you planned in the beginning? Is there anything that’s broken your heart, you’re particularly proud of, or looking back that you’d change?
It’s a bittersweet experience to complete a trilogy, but the story took shape as I’d always hoped and I don’t have any regrets about it and I wouldn’t change anything.
Was there any one scene or chapter in Bloodrose you particularly loved writing?
I love writing scenes that feature Ethan and Sabine, there’s something particularly delightful in writing characters so at odds yet so drawn to one another.
There’s been a lot of talk about two smoking hot boys, the girl torn between them, and her ‘choice’. Keeping it spoiler free, but was the ending of Bloodrose planned from the beginning? Did you always know who Calla would choose?
For me it was never about Calla choosing Ren or Shay it was about deciding how she wanted to live her life and who would be there for her after she’d found the path she wanted to follow. I knew how Bloodrose would end when I started writing Nightshade and that ending didn’t change at all.
You’re stuck on a desert island (don’t worry, we won’t leave you there). If you had to be stranded with any one of Nightshade’s characters, who would you choose?
Adne – since she could weave a door to get us out of there!
Can you tell us something about Calla that no-one else knows? Her favorite song/colour/food? Is she a leftie or a rightie? Does she harbor a hidden desire to run away and become a Broadway star, or does she always tie her right shoe-lace first? Anything at all!
Calla is right-handed, and she’s jealous of Sabine’s singing voice.
You write about a girl who turns into a wolf. If you could turn into any animal, what would it be?
A falcon. I’d love to be able to fly.
What are some of your favourite books? Favorite authors? A little bird told me you’re a Neil Gaiman fan (and a Joss Whedon fan! I kind of have a girl crush on you!)...
I’m a huge Joss Whedon and Neil Gaiman fan, also Terry Pratchett and Kurt Vonnegut. Some of my favorite books are Marion Zimmer Bradley’s FIREBRAND and Margaret Atwood’s THE HANDMAID’S TALE.
Can you tell us anything about what you're working on at the moment?
I’ve just finished up RISE the follow up to RIFT. These two novels reveal the origins of the Witches’ War in medieval Europe.
Rapid Fire Round!
  • Superpower? Pre-cognition
  • Kryptonite? Early mornings
  • Sun or Snow? Sun
  • Tea or Coffee? Coffee
  • Paperback/Hardcover/eReader? Hardcover and paperback
  • Star Wars or Star Trek? Star Wars
  • Bad Boys or Good Boys? Good Boys (She said Good Boys! I love her even more!)
  • Harry Potter or Twilight? Harry Potter
  • Morning or Night Person? Night
  • Last song you listened to? Neon Indian “Polish Girl”

Want More? Plus, a GIVEAWAY!

You still want more? Head over to Tales of the Inner Book Fanatic for an interview with Ren and Shay, Novels On The Run to see Andrea talk about the boys of Nightshade, and Eleusinian Mysteries of Reading, where she tells diabolical vegan-goddess/evil-overlord, Brodie, about how she grew up with wolves!

Oh, and a giveaway! Thanks once again to Hachette Australia, you could win a copy of every book in the Nightshade Trilogy. Excited? Are you crazy? YES. Say yes! Head over to these fabulous blogs for chances to win:

32 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Such a great interview!!! And a giveaway??? Seriously, overwhelmed by AWESOME!! :D

    Plus, she chose coffee over tea, Sarah. Come on, if that isn't a girl after your own heart, I don't know what is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! First, she loves Neil Gaimain, Terry Pratchett, and Joss Whedon. Then she chooses coffe. THEN HARRY POTTER. I'm in LOVE.

      Also, Australia has the coolest publishers in the WHOLE WORLD. Further reasons to come visit :D

      Delete
  2. Wow Sarah, great Interview!! :) I haven't read the Nighshade serie, but after this interview I should reconsider :P I'm not really into werewolfs much, but it looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riiiight? PLUS, she's a JOSS WHEDON AND NEIL GAIMAN FAN. What more reasons could you possibly need? :D

      Delete
  3. Great interview, Sarah! I'm glad too that Andrea picked good boys over bad boys! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me toooo! I mean, I like bad boys as much as the next girl, but seriously! The good guy is the Happily Ever After. So excited to see someone openly on the light side ;D

      Delete
  4. Fun interview! You, Erin and Brodie have convinced me I need to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those covers are so much prettier than the original ones! I have only read Nightshade, and didn't love it at the time, but I kinda wanna go back and read the last two..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it's funny. I've read first books, and been a bit 'OK' about them, and gone on to FREAKING LOVE the series. Maybe it'll be one of those :D

      Delete
  6. AAAAAA SARAH! I LOVE THIS INTERVIEW SO MUCH!!!

    I am going to read Bloodrose next after reading Switched by Amanda Hocking and I am super scared! I found out a major spoiler from Bloodrose and it completely break my heart.

    Wait, I can't remember if you've read the series? Have you read the last one?

    AND YAY! Andrea said GOOD BOYS!!!! But I kinda like BAD BOYS TOO! Like Jake in Saving June, Alex Fuentes in Perfect Chemistry etc..

    But anyway, AWESOME AWESOME INTERVIEW!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah, Celine, I've not, but I JUST have them at home and I'm so SO excited to read them!

      Delete
  7. EEEEEE! LOVE the questions and her fantastic answers! Heh, smart thinking choosing Adne for the desert island. But if she was busy running off with Connor ors omething, I'd.. uh... definitely pick Ren *wiggles eyebrows*

    I do love the note she ended the series on... definitely bittersweet to read aswell! <3

    HARRY POTTER! Apparently it's possible to love this woman even more :D

    Buahahaha. I don't mind. Hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwaha! You? Choose to be stuck on a deserted island with a hot book bad-boy? Huh? NEVER. I'd NEVER have guessed ;D

      RIIIIGHT? She's a HP gal, loves Neil Gaiman and Joss Whedon, COFFEE, is not a morning person... uh... I think I'm in LURVE.

      heh XD

      Delete
  8. SQUEEEEE!!! What a great interview. I am surprised that the series went exactly how the author planned it. First time I heard that from an author. Makes me respect her for having it completely planned out from the beginning.

    Yaaay, interviews are so fun to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's seriously cool hearing she had it all plotted it out and it happened like she planned... and the ending's a tough one, too... so that she stood by her plan? Awesome.

      Delete
  9. OMGGG AMAZING interview Sarah!! :D :D I haven't read this series yet so...okay...I need to get on top of that asap but ARGH. THIS IS MAKING ME CRAZY TO READ THESE BOOKS. I feel like I'm missing out on something FREAKING AMAZING!!

    and YAY for Harry Potter! <3 <3 Always going to make me love someone when that name is mentioned! HAZZAH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, Alice, seriously! I haven't either, but I'm SUPER excited to, so I was super excited to be able to ask her questions! My copies just arrived, so I'm super excited to get stuck into them! ♥

      Delete
  10. Awesome interview Sarah!! This series sounds really really good..I will be sure to check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brodie bites? Ahahahahaha! Fantastic interview. Kinda makes me wanna read the rest if the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I'm pretty sure she's had her shots, though, so not to worry. She'll only give you a flesh wound ;D

      My copies just arrived! Stoked to read them! ♥

      Delete
  12. Oh my gosh, I love this interview! Your questions are awesome; soooo interesting! I loved the series, even though I had a little disappointment there in the end (not events, but from the character's side). Anyway, I'm super excited about the prequel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeee! Bex! Thank you!!!!!
      Yeah, I've seen a few people unhappy with the ending :(
      I'm going to start reading the series soon, so I'm SUPER excited! <3

      Delete
  13. What a fun interview, Sarah! Loved the rapidfire questions and the "what animal would you be" question, which of course is particularly interesting from a shapeshifter author. :) I have only read the first book in this series so far, but definitely plan on checking out the last two as well.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Thanks Wendy! I was seriously thinking she'd answer 'wolf' so it was really cool seeing an unexpected answer. Oh, I would LOVE to turn into a bird. AWESOME.

      I'm about to start reading them--hope you enjoye them!!

      Delete
  14. Really great interview, Sarah! I loved hearing Andrea's answers. Can you believe I still haven't read Bloodrose? *hides* :D I will get round to it soon, I promise! (I'm scared about the ending!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear, I can TOTALLY believe it, because I'll tell you a secret: I've not read Nightshade! O___O
      My copies arrived last week. Can't wait! ♥

      Delete
  15. "It’s a bittersweet experience to complete a trilogy, but the story took shape as I’d always hoped and I don’t have any regrets about it and I wouldn’t change anything." <-- THAT. That's a PERFECT answer, Andrea! <3 I know a lot of people haven't been happy with the ending of Bloodrose, but I personally thought it was bittersweetly perfect and I'm really happy that you wouldn't change anything if you could! :)

    Amazing interview between two amazing people! <3 I can't wait to read The Rift too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IS IT NOT PERFECT?! YES!!!
      I think it's fabulous she made tough choices and stood by them.

      ♥ you, Mimi!

      Delete
  16. Interview was great Sarah!

    Ha, she's a night person and mornings are her kryptonite! Love that ;)

    P-M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
      YOU!
      YOU COMMENTED! AJSDFAJDFDAKJGASDJF!

      err... confession? It took me a minute to figured out what 'P-M' meant >___<

      I LOVED her Night Person and Kryptonite answers :D

      xx

      Delete
    2. Well, I wouldn't have replied if I'd know it would cause your death from apoplexy!

      Just thought I'd stop stalking and be a little more involved ;)

      How many times have I signed off as P-M on texts and emails. Girl, you're a worry sometimes

      P-M
      xoxo

      Delete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)