Sunday, July 15, 2012

Blogspiration (27): It Is Our Life


Blogspiration is a weekly meme hosted by GrowingUp YA & Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers & writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation & just a little SOMETHING.


Inspiration comes from many places: a story, a poem, a picture, a single perfect day, or starlit night. But—and I do not think myself alone in this—more often than not, inspiration comes from people. From those in our lives we love, and those we admire from a distance. But today's Blogspiration comes from someone I entirely adore: Faye.

If it had somehow escaped your notice, I'm a Harry Potter fan. Yes, I know, it may come as a surprise to some, but it's true. And I love connecting with other fans, and hearing how the story of a boy famous for doing nothing other than living (there may just be some inspiration in that, alone) has affected so many other lives. Because that's what Harry Potter means to me: It's more than a story—it's the lesson he teaches, and the lives he's changed.

Anyway, to the point! Faye's a Fan, and I was so inspired by the story of friendship, inspiration, hardship and happiness she has shared: one that's been shaped by her love, and shared experience, of Harry Potter. I loved this quote of hers, and I hope you will, too:
"Harry Potter may only be a story. It may only be entertainment. But for me, and so many others before me, it is so much more than that. It is our life. The thing that we grew up with. The inspiration we always needed. It has taught and shown us things that we will forever keep in our hearts."
Harry Potter, and our love of it—and, indeed, a mutual love of any story—is about more than the story itself. It's why we read: for the joy of a shared experience, the knowledge that we're not alone, we belong. And we do, each of us, belong. To something bigger, grander, more beautiful than simply ourselves. We're drawn together in a shared love, and in friendship. The lesson Harry has taught us over and over. The kind each of us here share, because of what has brought us together: a mutual love of reading, of sharing that love, and finding a kindred spirit through the pages of a book—any book. So thank you, to each of you, for reading. Thanks for taking the time, and most of all, thank you for you. The friendships I've formed right here are some of those I treasure most.

I love you guys xx

More on Blogspiration and Linky sign-up below the jump!

Le Rules:

  • Blogspiration posts will go live on Sunday. While you don't have to post on Sunday, you have one week to drop by and share your links.
  • Go check out the participating blogs! Feel free to comment/follow
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN with it!!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a button and spread some BLOGSPIRATION!!

PLEASE NOTE: Kristin and I will use the SAME Linky, so please enter your Blogspiration links on one blog.

Buttonses!

Linky!

14 comments:

  1. Hearts Faye, and you! We love you too, Sarah (and obviously, I speak for the ENTIRE blogosphere)
    It's a beautiful post, and a perfect blogspiration.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faye is BEAUTIFUL. And I speak for the entire blogspher back, when I say we love you, Alex! ♥

      Delete
  2. HP has brought so many people together. It only takes one small thing to create a community but that small things can change people's lives. Like we saw a few weeks ago in the story of the girl who wrote that beautiful letter to JK Rowling. I love the blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great statement. Some series can really bring everyone together and bee so much more than just books, they save our lives, make us better, leave us happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sniffs* Sarah, this post made me all teary, seriously! It was very sweet and a nice reminder of the reason why we love reading xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE YOU, SARAH! *hugs and cries and wipes snot on your shirt*

    Faye's post was BEAUTIFUL. I absolutely loved it and I love that it's inspired your incredible Blogspiration for this week <3 Can I knit both yours and Faye's paragraphs onto a blankey and snuggle in it forever?

    No words can describe how much I appreciate how Harry Potter - and any books, ALL books, the gift of READING - has drawn so many of us together. And honestly, where would we all be without the hyperactive, adorably creepy girl who leaves coloured handprints on our bedroom windows (from her odd m&m sorting habits)? <33333333

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I love this! You know what, I completely agree - Harry Potter pretty much is my life. And that might sound melodramatic or sad to some, but really, the rest of my childhood is a blur. Harry Potter is pretty much all I've known and I still feel like I don't know what to do with myself now that the series is finished... :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, of course, declared my Twitter love for you yesterday, but how perfect is this?
    I really really really really really need to read HP. God, I feel so guilty now. It's staring at me from my bookshelf. I wish there were more hours in the day, BUT! This is why I stopped taking review requests: to get through all the stuff I'm supposed to read so I can read things I want to read. And get it all under control. I wanna know Harry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwwwww... GROUP HUG, POTTERHEADS!!! :')

    This series means so much to me. It's hard to explain (Faye does a BEAUTIFUL job of it) and I know there's a lot of skepticism from people that don't feel the same way. I have so. many. memories that relate to HP and so many times of feeling stuff that only curling up with a copy of HP could fix.

    I LOVE YOU SARAH <3 *drops into Australia and smothers you with Sonia love*

    And JKR: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly beautiful, terrific, sweet blogspiration Sarah! I really love what Faye said. HP and other amazing stories show and inspire friendship! I will always appreciate any of my amazing friends. and wish i could be friends with Harry, Ron and Hermione, and snape!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww!! I really love this post, Sarah :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. How, how, HOW, have I only just seen this? Clearly I need to do a better job at stalking your blog.

    I LOVE this <3

    I am so grateful to be an inspiration to you and that my HP post inspired you so much and was loved and just... gah.

    Amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing post Sarah!! I so love all of this Harry Potter awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Blog Archive

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)