Monday, July 16, 2012

Event Anouncement: Author Appreciation August


2012 has been a fantastic year for us readers. We've had breathtaking debuts from the likes of Brigid Kemmerer, Jessica Spotswood and Marissa Meyer, and we've had follow-ups from our all-time favorites, Lauren Kate, Lauren Oliver, and the amazing Sarah Alderson—that’s not to forget the film adaptations of our faves, with The Hunger Games reaching screens around the world, The Perks of Being A Wallflower nearly out, and a release date finally set for Cassie Clare's The Mortal Instruments.

It wouldn't be possible without one rather incredible species of human: The Author. This elusive creature is dedicated, determined, and can be found on Twitter, touring bookstores, and spending hours typing away at computers in-between juggling children, jobs, and deadlines. I don’t know about you, but I think they deserve a big fat ‘THANK YOU’. So Becca from Reading Wishes and I have teamed up to bring you Author Appreciation August (AAA): a month dedicated to showing authors we care and appreciate them.

Kicking off on the 1st of August we’ll be bringing you an entire month of author interviews, guest posts, and opportunities to chip in and write a post about your favorite author and what they mean to you. Excited? It gets better. Take the time to comment, say ‘thank you’ to an author, or spread the word, and some truly amazing publishers will say ‘thanks’ back, with tons of incredible books up for grabs!

Appreciation Posts

Is there an author you really love? Want to say thanks? Write a post talking about your favorite author, share a story about what they mean to you, or just talk about why everyone needs to read this book. Whether you want to focus on an author individually or group a few together in a post; say thanks for a book or a series, it’s up to you!

Linky Love!

Throughout Author Appreciation August there will be Linkys available for you to share your Appreciation posts! Feel free to stop by and post your links so others can come by and read why a certain author or book is so special to you! Also, if you want to spread the love even more why not host a giveaway to celebrate your favorite authors! There is absolutely no pressure at all - you make the rules, set the dates and all that jazz. In a way it’s kind of like a blog hop except a very laid back version!

Giveaways!

These are still being finalised, but thanks to some truly amazing publishers across the globe we already have dozens of books to be given away. Participate, promote and comment for the chance to win!

Amazing Authors!


Want a sneak peek at what to expect?
Throughout August, we’ll be bringing you interviews and guest posts from the likes of:

Brigid Kemmerer
Elizabeth Norris
Gail Carriger
Huntley Fitzpatrick
Jay Kristoff
Jennifer Echols
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Jessica Shirvington
Jessica Spotswood
Jodi Meadows
Kody Keplinger
Lauren Kate
Lauren Oliver
Maria V. Snyder
Marissa Meyer
Sarah Alderson

...and that’s just to name a few!

♥ Spread the Love! ♥

Would you like to help spread the word?
Thanks, guys! Pick a button, any button!





36 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait for another super exciting event--you co-host the best ones, and this is a fabulous idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, seriously, yuo go say things like that and my head will asplode! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow!!!!!! This sounds like a wonderful event Sarah!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, first Authors Are Rockstars and now this too?! Authors are going to have such an AMAZING month and I can't wait to see what's in store. :D Your graphics are SO PRETTY, Sarah! I'm so in love with them. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha! You know what? Becca and I only heard about Authors are Rockstars last Friday, and were like 'eep!' but seriously, I'm SO excited for AAR, so it's gonna be a pretty amazing August. And thank you! Squee! So glad you like the button xx

      Delete
  4. What an awesome idea for an event, Sarah! August is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! Seriously fantastic! There aren't enough words to thank authors for their fabulous books. I can't wait to see what you ladies come up with for the month <3

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! AGREED! I mean, seriously, none of us would even KNOW each other if it wasn't for these authors, so we owe them a big thanks, I thinks ;D

      Delete
  6. SAZ! SAZ! You are awesome and I adore you and your mad techy skills and everything about you.

    Best cupcake sidekick ever!

    *sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMSQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! What an AWESOME event, you both! I ABSOLUTELY CAN'T WAIT FOR IT!

    PS: The buttons, Sarah, THE BUTTONS. I'm in love ♥

    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING EVENT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs* EEEEEEEE! CELINE! Thank you! I was aiming for pretty :D

      And are you serious? THANK YOU FOR BEING AWESOME! ♥

      Delete
  8. AWWW, I LOVE THIS IDEA <3 Talk about spreading the love! I am so so so excited for this month to get started. Fantastic idea! :)

    And I don't think I've ever talked to your co-host before o.O Obviously this needs to be remedied immediately! *hops over to Becca's blog*

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... I don't know, she HAS only read one Harry Potter book :P

      But she *IS* rather lovely and adorable ^__^

      Delete
    2. HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN ON YOUR WATCH, SARAH. INEXCUSABLE.

      *silently mourns all the people that are missing out on the full HP experience*

      Delete
    3. I knooooooow.
      I'm a failure *weeps*
      :'(

      Delete
  9. This sounds wonderful and exciting! Can't wait for some of those interviews (and giveaways). I retweeted you to spread the word. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous idea! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with - and follower participation is fantastic!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds fantastic! I'm excited to read what these authors have to say...I've read most of them and LOVE their stuff. This will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a great idea and event, Sarah. I don't know what my life would be like without all these amazing authors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Sarah (and Rebecca--I see her on Twitter but never speak to her. Gahaha!) I love this idea! While I haven't read books by majority of them since I've been busy (and I guess I just never picked the books up), I do think this is a great idea. Authors do need appreciation and, hey, it's great to interact with them. Thanks for sharing! I'll get that button up on my blog soon! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, another awesome event! This sounds fantastic. Looking foward to it, Sarah! :)

    -Aa'Ishah

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will definitely be putting some post up saying thank you to a couple of great authors out there. Awesome event! I think my issue will be narrowing it down to only a couple lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds awesome! Already thinking about what I'll post. :) Thank you lovelies for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, sounds like fun!

    P.S. I made with the grabby hands and stole the button. It is now on ze blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Squeeee! Sarah, you and Rebecca are AMAZING for putting this together! August sounds like it's going to be such an epic month <3 Plus, the graphics *o* ASDFGHJKL SO PRETTY! Prettiest buttons in the whole blogosphere, I'd say x)

    Anyway, this sounds awesome and I absolutely can't freaking wait for it to start :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks like an awesome event! Really looking forward to it! Button posted on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. SARAH. BECCA. AAA. BRODIE SO EXCITED! *bounces* *jumps around excitedly* You have AMAZING list of authors lined up and I'm so, so, so excited to read the posts you sexy, talented ladies have in store for us!!

    And yeah, what others aid: YOUR BUTTONS ARE FLIPPING GORGEOUS! *steals*

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMFUG! GAIL CARRIGER as WELL as Maria V Snyder....The things you keep from me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She probably didn't want to spoil the surprise... Look's like Sarah is a good secret keeper after all ;) hehehe

      Delete
  22. I would love to add a button to my blog but I dont know how to do that. Could someone tell me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara! Rhanks so much, and I'm sorry for the slow response. You can add the button a couple of ways: you can copy the code, and go into your Blogger admin > layout > add a widget > HTML/Script, and paste it in there. Otherwise, if you save the image, you can select 'image' instead of 'HTML/Script' and upload using the prompts. If you have any probs, feel free to shoot me an e-mail via the contact form, and I'll e-mail you with some more detail4ed instrucitons ;)

      Delete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Blog Archive

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)