Sunday, August 12, 2012

Blogspiration (31): The Mountain


Blogspiration is a weekly meme hosted by GrowingUp YA & Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers & writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation & just a little SOMETHING.



This video, filmed in 2011, on El Teide, Spain's highest mountain, by a Norwegian landscape photographer and filmaker, blows my mind. You can read more about it by clicking through to Vimeo. I don't quite know how to explain this one, but this really, truly inspires me. It's the stars. I could get lost in them--I have been lost in them. I wanted to share this video with ya'll because it fills me wonder. That we're so tiny, yet so much a part of something. The universe is unimaginably vast, yet we belong. This tiny little rock floating through space is our home. Home to billions of humans, and trillions of lives. I can't watch this and not be inspired in some way. And you know what, it's pretty--so enjoy it how you will :)

More on Blogspiration and Linky sign-up below the jump!

Le Rules:

  • Blogspiration posts will go live on Sunday. While you don't have to post on Sunday, you have one week to drop by and share your links.
  • Go check out the participating blogs! Feel free to comment/follow
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN with it!!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a button and spread some BLOGSPIRATION!!

PLEASE NOTE: Kristin and I will use the SAME Linky, so please enter your Blogspiration links on one blog.

Buttonses!

Linky!

14 comments:

  1. I remember you showing me this ages ago, it's really awesome. The music is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS. I bookmarked the link a few days back and plan to watch it whenever I need some inspiration or even when I need my day brightened. This video is just magnificent. And I love the piano in the background, it makes watching it all the more enjoyable. The stars are magic, I'm going to hold you to that promise you made ;) Goose bumps, this gives me the CHILLS. So good. I'm so so so glad you decided to share this video as the more people who watch it, the better. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing, my blogspiration this week involved 'stars' too. Twinsies! That video is infinitively beautiful. I would love to visit there and gaze at that same view. I would sit there and dream, escape, imagine about anything. I would sleep there.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear to you, I got a little emotional there...
    That was just spectacular.
    Haha I was up north at this little cottage my family owns last week and one night I snuck out at like three am and sat on the dock. It wasn't spain, but it was still amazing.
    Thanks for sharin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply amazing- thank you so much for posting it! And your words, saying how much you love the stars, are truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this when I first saw it, still love it. Amazing scenery and vistas.

    Reminded me of Desiderata (love the Les Crane version):
    You are a child of the universe,
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love looking at the stars. I love just heading outside on a clear night and looking up into the universe. It gets deep.

    But this video was just amazing. I think that music will be paling in my head next time I head out and look up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am freakin speechless.

    Gaaahhhh, you got me all choked up.

    I am off to watch more of these videos.

    How do you find this stuff?????

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow that't beautiful and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous! Love the bright colors and cool movements! and your commentary! So much wonder in the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This reminds me of a video I posted on Facebook a few days ago. It's a satellite orbit of Earth, from different angles, day and night and OMG, it's SO AMAZING. I'll send you the link.
    Awesome blogspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is reason #4562 why I love you.

    This video is incredible. Not only in music and the stunning visuals, but... capturing all the inspiration and beauty and transitions of life. Wow.

    I go outside some nights and feel so small in the moment. In history. Yet at the same time I feel this wonderful connection to the entire universe. That there's something so much BIGGER out there. It just fills me up and makes me want to BE all I CAN be. Do. See. Explore. LIVE. Seriously, those starry nights are a whole different breed of magic.

    THANK YOU for sharing this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is pretty amazing! I hope all of that is real. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!

    WOW!!

    WOW!!!

    WOW!!

    I don't know what else to say.

    Breathtaking!!

    WOW!!

    That was a really lovely vid to watch , it just makes you very relaxed and appreciate the beauty of the planet.....WOW!!

    Thanks for sharing Miss S:D

    Mich

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Blog Archive

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)