Monday, December 24, 2012

Blogspiration (50): Believe


Blogspiration is a weekly meme hosted by GrowingUp YA & Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers & writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation & just a little SOMETHING.

Believe. The Polar Express.

Christmas is practically upon us and I've so many things I could tell you: that I hope you're safe, I hope you're happy, and I hope you find joy in your holidays, in the small things and the large.

But I thought I'd share this: Every Christmas Eve, the very last thing I do before I go to bed is curl up on the couch with my husband and watch The Polar Express and I cry like a baby and whisper that I believe, still.

While wanting to believe in Santa in my twenties may seem a silly wish, it's not truly this I'm affirming my belief in. It's that, Santa or not, I still believe in the magic of Christmas. I believe in love, I believe in friendship, I believe in the true meaning, and true spirit of Christmas. And I think that, really, magic is in all those things. Sometimes it's hard to find, and sometimes it's easy to forget, but, every year, I choose to remind myself that I believe.

And I do.

♥ ♥ ♥

Merry Christmas, guys. Wherever you are, I hope it's a happy one.

More on Blogspiration and Linky sign-up below the jump!

Le Rules:



  • Blogspiration posts will go live on Sunday. While you don't have to post on Sunday, you have one week to drop by and share your links.

  • Go check out the participating blogs! Feel free to comment/follow

  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN with it!!


So, what are you waiting for? Grab a button and spread some BLOGSPIRATION!!

PLEASE NOTE: Kristin and I will use the SAME Linky, so please enter your Blogspiration links on one blog.

Buttonses!



Linky!


17 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! That's such a fantastic thing. I believe too. Great post. And merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely a special time of year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the Josh Groban song! I have never seen the movie sadly, but since I have some time off for Christmas, I think I'll try to rent it! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lan @The Write ObsessionDecember 24, 2012 at 7:27 AM

    This is such a wonderful message. I haven't seen The Polar Express but there's a little part of me that I think will believe no matter how old I am!

    Merry Christmas Sarah! Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sarah! I want to say something intelligent and appropriately beautiful to how much I love this but I can't because all my words are not being obedient.

    "I think that, really, magic is in all those things"

    YES. Yes, there is, there is! You know, I wrote a haiku about this very thing, ages ago. I'd been lamenting about the lack of real magic in the world when it suddenly hit me, suddenly really hit me, that I was looking at it all wrong. That these things - thunderstorms and kisses and - like you said, love and friendship - they ARE magic.
    *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, you are so sweet. I to believe in the magic of Christmas.

    And just so you know, as I am writing this comment, I am waching Doctor Who and he keeps saying Believe over and over again. Freaky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blogspiration as usual, Sarah! Oh my. Believe - definitely! *sigh* That graphic is GORGEOUS, btw. :)

    Merry Christmas, Sarah! Hope you have the best one yet! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awhh, thank you so much. That is very kind of you! I also believe. I think there is magic everywhere. I love the polar express, by the way!

    I hope that you also have a merry, merry Christmas sweet Sarah :)

    My haul - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post, Sarah! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas, Saz! <3333333!!! I believe in the magic of Christmas, too, it's a magical time of year, really! :0

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAPPY HOLIDAYS, S! I <3 you and can you please just make all the graphics for my blog? THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Sarah! Fantastic post as always. :)

    PS - Dr Who on tomorrow! I can't wait. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Love the ☆ on the i :)

    Merry Xmas, Saz!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww...I can't pass up an opportunity for The Polar Express either. I hope your Christmas was magical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw! I have never seen The Polar Express, but I will make an effort to see it now, Sarah!

    I hope you had a wonderful (and magical) Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE! Hubs and I watched this on Christmas Eve and it was AWESOME. Such a magical movie. :)

    I hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin


Currently Reading:

Follow Me

Can't see Google Friend Connect? Join This Site

Want an e-mail notification when there's a new post at saz101? Enter your e-mail, and the Feedburner faeries will answer your wishes ♥

 

I receive books from publishers, in exchange for honest reviews. When this is the case, I state so at the end of each post. This doesn't effect my review of the book, or my opinion, and I receive no monetary compensation for anything posted on this site.
When you click on a link to Amazon from www.saz101.com, I receive a small referral fee on any purchases made. It won't cost you any more to buy your books this way, but it does help to support this blog.
If you have any questions about any of the content on this site, contact me :)