Or saz, to my friends. I'm 28, and I live in obnoxiously sunny Sydney, Australia (give me Winter any day) with a lovely human being who, being a superhero, we call Husbandman, and our two lovely feline children: Cleo and Bandit. They're both insane.
saz101 is a book blog. A place where I (Sarah) review, well, books. Cover. Paper. Ink. Words--Lots of words. You've probably seen them around... While I'll read (almost) anything, I blog about and review books that are YA, Fantasy, Paranormal & Romance Genres. While not a necessity, I like my books to have a romantic element, and you'll find this in common with most of what I review here. You can find out more by reading my Review Policy.
- I'm a caffeine fiend. It's terrible, I know, but I just can't function without it. I've been hooked on coffee and energy drinks since I was 14. At this point, my blood could probably be bottled and sold as an alternative to Red Bull... uh, aside from the various health code violations.
- I'm vegetarian.
- I love to ski. On snow. On skis. So does my husband. I just haven't figured out an (efficient) way to read at the same time, other than in lift lines, or at hot-chocolate stops (this drives my husband NUTS). We do have ski resorts in Australia.
- I'm a sci-fi nerd. I was raised on a steady diet of Star Trek (TOS), Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, and Star Wars. I love Firefly, Stargate, ALL Star Trek (though I've not yet been able to watch Enterprise), and pretty much anything along those lines (think Fringe, Heroes, The Matrix, Hitchhikers, Galaxy Quest, Blade Runner, Farscape, whatever).
But most of all, I love Doctor Who. Seriously, ask me anything. I can name every actor who ever played The Doctor, in order, and I plan my weekend around when Doctor Who will be on TV. Family holiday? Uhhh, sorry, I have other plans... People who know me know this as one of my defining characteristics.
- I met my husband when I was 16, just before my seventeenth birthday. We married when I was 21 (he was 23), and I still adore him. I believe in romance, and real love stories. And that love is hard work, but worth it.
- I sort M&M's. First into colour, then into colour spectrum (ROYGBIV) then eat them in twos. Smarties don't seem to bother me as much.